Support Birth Justice for Black People!
Join us in this movement to transform perinatal care for Black people, and say “enough is enough” to racism-based disparities in birth. Your support will help us grow this innovative gold-package of care, and ensure our Black birthing community has what they need to thrive in pregnancy and beyond.
2020 Was a Big Year!
The COVID 19 pandemic is exacerbating racism-based disparities, and isolating pregnant, birthing, and postpartum people during a time when support is critical. So we adapted our model of care to the telehealth format, and launched BElovedBIRTH Black Centering on October 1st, 2020. We accomplished a lot in our 3 short months of operation in 2020, and our program participants are feeling that support!
2020 Impact Report available upon request.
You can donate to our program through the Alameda Health System Foundation, our 501c3 dedicated to raising funds for AHS clinical programs: https://www.classy.org/campaign/belovedbirth-black-centering/c315301
Become a sustaining supporter today!
For Individuals- Please consider joining our community of grassroots sustaining supporters by making a small monthly donation.
- $20/month for 12 months can provide a program participant with tote bags full of essential pregnancy & postpartum supplies
- Just 5 people donating $15/month for 12 months can provide a program participant with weekly deliveries of fresh produce for their entire pregnancy and into the early postpartum time
For Foundations & Corporations- Please consider multi-year and matching grants.
- $25,000 can provide an entire Black Centering group of 12 participants with doula care
- $50,000 can provide an entire Black Centering group of 12 participants with 36 weeks of weekly produce delivery, doula care, and 6 weeks of weekly postpartum meal delivery
- $100,000 can provide a curriculum developer, illustrator, and graphic designer to assist our team in the development of our Black-centric, antiracist, and birth justice inspired childbirth education materials
Reach out to Jyesha Wren, midwife & program director to explore possibilities.
Big thanks to all of our supporters! Your donations make this transformational gold-package of care possible!