Advanced Education General Dentistry Residency Program
Didactic learning is provided and in conjunction with UOP, Arthur A Dugoni School of Dentistry AEGD program. There are diagnosis and treatment planning and endodontic seminars via long-distance learning. The residents attend implant seminars, literature reviews, and Oral Surgery Grand Rounds throughout the year.
The Highland Hospital Dental Clinic has 14 operatories which are shared with an Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Residency. AEGD residents and OMFS residents will work together in treating trauma, special needs, oral cancer and nursing home patients.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Residents will provide high-quality comprehensive general dentistry care to community residents.
- Residents will provide comprehensive care in general dentistry to special needs population in an out-patient and operating room environment.
- Residents will integrate all phases of dentistry into comprehensive care for community residents, special need patients, and medically compromised individuals.
- Residents will act as the primary care dental provider for community residents, special need patients, and medically compromised individuals.
- Residents will interact with other healthcare providers in maintaining the overall dental health of individuals.
- Residents will provide emergency dental treatment to all individuals.
The program participates in ADEA MATCH and is accepting applications from May through October 31 of this year. A.D.A.T. test is not required at this time.
FAQs about the AHS AEGD program: HH-Residency Program Brochure-2018 – final
Please contact if more information is needed:
Robert Timothy Verceles DDS MAGD
Director of AEGD Program at Alameda Health System
1411 East 31st Street
Oakland, CA 94602
(510) 437-4101 or (510) 437-4522