Advanced Education General Dentistry Residency Program
Let me take this opportunity to inform you of a fully CODA accredited Advanced Education General Dentistry Residency Program (AEGD) started July 2015. This one-year dental residency is sponsored by Alameda Health System which is composed of four hospitals and several medical and dental clinics throughout Alameda County, California. Residents are primarily treating medically compromised patients in the outpatient clinic and special needs patients in the operating room at Highland Hospital. There will be rotations in oral surgery, implant prosthetics, emergency general dentistry, special needs general dentistry and comprehensive general dentistry at a community clinic affiliated with the Arthur A Dugoni School of Dentistry.
Didactic learning is provided and in conjunction with Arthur A Dugoni School of Dentistry AEGD program. There are diagnosis and treatment planning and endodontic seminars via long-distance learning. The residents attend implant seminars, literature reviews, and Oral Surgery Grand Rounds throughout the year.
The Highland Hospital Dental Clinic has 14 operatories which are shared with an Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Residency. AEGD residents and OMFS residents will corroborate in treating trauma, special needs, oral cancer and nursing home patients.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Residents will provide high-quality comprehensive care in general dentistry to community residents.
- Residents will provide comprehensive care in general dentistry to special need population in an out-patient and operating room environment.
- Residents will integrate all phases of dentistry into comprehensive care for community residents, special need patients, and medically compromised individuals.
- Residents will act as the primary care dental provider for community residents, special need patients, and medically compromised individuals.
- Residents will interact with other healthcare providers in maintaining the overall dental health of individuals.
- Residents will provide emergency dental treatment to all individuals.
The program participates in ADEA MATCH and is accepting applications from May to October of this year. A.D.A.T. test is not required at this time.
Please contact if more information is needed:
Anthony Mock DDS FAAHD
Director of AEGD Program at Alameda Health System
Chief of Dentistry
1411 East 31st Street
Oakland, CA 94602
(510) 437-4101 or (510) 437-4522