General Practice Residency Program
This one-year dental residency is sponsored by Alameda Health System and serves the community of Alameda County and other parts of Northern California. Residents provide comprehensive dental care at the dental clinic located at Highland Hospital; manage dental needs for medically compromised, special needs and hospital patients. There will be rotations in Anesthesia, Internal Medicine, Oral Surgery, and Pediatric Dentistry.
The residents will be involved in didactic learning, implant seminars, literature reviews, and Oral Surgery Grand Rounds throughout the year.
The Highland Hospital Dental Clinic has 14 operatories which are shared with the Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Residency.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Residents will provide high-quality comprehensive general dentistry care to community residents.
- Residents will provide comprehensive care in general dentistry to special needs population in an out-patient and operating room environment.
- Residents will integrate all phases of dentistry into comprehensive care for community residents, special need patients, and medically compromised individuals.
- Residents will act as the primary care dental provider for community residents, special need patients, and medically compromised individuals.
- Residents will interact with other healthcare providers in maintaining the overall dental health of individuals.
- Residents will provide emergency dental treatment to all individuals.
The program participates in ADEA MATCH and is accepting applications from May through October 1 of this year.
Please contact if more information is needed:
Anchita Venkatesh DMD
Director of GPR Program at Alameda Health System
1411 East 31st Street
Oakland, CA 94602