We are committed to health equity, diversity and inclusion and our Breast Cancer Patient Navigation Program offers caring support and connects you to resources to help you through your breast cancer journey.
We see you and want to understand your needs and wishes.
Our breast cancer navigator can help you on your treatment journey. They will listen to you and wrap you with care and understanding.
Zhonnet Harper, Breast Cancer Patient Navigator, Alameda Health System
Breast cancer navigation program can:
- Help you understand your treatment plan and obtain referrals and treatment in a timely manner
- Coordinate transportation assistance to and from your appointments
- Assist with community resource referrals
- Assist with financial aid resources
- Offer emotional support
- Advocate for your needs across your care journey
We provide you with helpful information to help guide you through your cancer treatment and care journey.
“I want our breast cancer patients to feel and know that we absolutely care for them. We see your dignity and your burdens, your fear.”
Zhonnet Harper, Breast Cancer Patient Navigator
Honored for Advancing Health Equity in Breast Cancer Care
In 2020 and 2021, Alameda Health System’s integrated breast cancer care team was honored by the American Cancer Society East Bay for outstanding efforts in helping reduce disparities in breast cancer care for our patients and community.