The applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident and must be a graduate of a U.S. or Canadian ADA-accredited dental school. In order to apply to the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Training Program, the following must be submitted to the Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS):
This information may change, please see PASS website for the most current and up to date requirements.
- Completed PASS application
- Letters of recommendation from at least three former faculty, one from chairman of OMS, one from the Dean of the Dental School attended.
- Undergraduate transcripts to the ADEA PASS application
- Dental School transcripts to the program (in addition to ADEA PASS)
- Upload a CV/Resume to the ADEA PASS application
- Submit a photocopy or a notarized copy of your dental school diploma to the program
- Submit Dental Admissions Test (DAT) score
- Submit official NDBE score to the program
- Submit a National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME)/Comprehensive Basic Science Examination (CBSE) score
- Submit a 2" x 2" photo to the program
- Must submit supplemental application to the program (will be provided once application reviewed)
- Must submit supplemental application processing fee to the program of $60 made out to “University of the Pacific”
- 2x2 photo and current CV can be submitted to the program directly.
- CBSE Score needs to be submitted to the program directly. All scores should be submitted through PASS application.
- If accepted, applicants are required to have a valid California dental license and DEA number by commencement of PGY2 year. Applicants are responsible for all expenses regarding examination and licensing fees.
For further information regarding the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Training Program, please contact:
OMS Program Coordinator
Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
University of the Pacific/Alameda Health System
1411 East 31st Street Oakland,